Sunday, March 8, 2009

Snowball marigolds

So I started from seed snowball marigolds. These offer an interesting twist to your standard marigold in that they are snowball white and thus can be more useful in design with other flowers that incorporate pinks, purples, reds, etc. My ultimate goal for these will be to use them in a circular planting bed that I will construct later this month around a Cherry tree I planted 2 years ago. Closest to the tree and in the center of the circle, I will direct sow a packet of purple zinnias, then plant the snowball marigolds around them. They have a similar texture but the purple and white color combo should be great and not many people have that! Zinnia's typically can grow to 36" in height, with the snowballs clocking in at 24" so it should offer some nice height contrasts. On a side note, I've never grown zinnias before so it should be interesting to see if it will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment